The Potomac Institute for Policy Studies is currently inviting applications for appointment as a Potomac Institute CReST Fellow for the 2014-‐15 participation year.
The Center for Revolutionary Scientific Thought (CReST) is composed of members and Fellows devoted to the study of revolutionary scientific developments of today and the future, and, even more importantly, their potential impact of these developments on society and policy. Members of the center form an elite team that strives to achieve advanced levels of understanding and performance in the analysis of science and technology and the associated issues confronting society. CReST addresses complex problems with creative, revolutionary solutions regarding how science and technology will change our world. Engendering thought and discussion on how science and technology can be used to serve the needs of societies of the future.
The Potomac Institute for Policy Studies is an independent, 501(c)(3), not-for-profit public policy research institute. The Institute identifies and aggressively shepherds discussion on key science and technology issues facing our society. From these discussions and forums, we develop meaningful science and technology policy options and ensure their implementation at the intersection of business and government.
The Potomac Institute for Policy Studies is seeking a Media Coordinator with 4-5 years of experience. Ideal candidates will have a background in media and will actively develop media opportunities for the Institute’s experts and products.
The Media Coordinator will:
- Manage media relations activities, including proactively pitching Institute experts as commentators on breaking news, developing media relationships, promoting events and publications, identifying opportunities for experts to write and place op-eds and Letters to the Editor
- Help shape and promote the Institute’s message and public image
- Advise on and monitor tone and quality of Institute communications
- Write, edit, lay out, update and distribute communications and marketing materials, include op-eds, Letters to the Editor, blog posts, news stories, press releases, newsletters, and other content as needed
- Maintain website, video, and social media efforts
- Event planning and management