Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
On October 22, the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies presented a guest lecture by James Tabery, PhD, MA, assistant professor of Philosophy and member of the Division of Medical Ethics and Humanities at the University of Utah. Dr. Tabery's lecture was entitled "A 'Genetic Predisposition' to Violence? The Dangers of Misconstruing the Gene-Brain-Behavior Relationship." Click below to watch a video of the event.
Potomac Institute for Policy Studies Senior Fellow Amb. David Smith has been keeping a close eye on France's proposal to sell Mistral amphibious assault ships to Russia. Amb. Smith, the Director of the Georgian Security Analysis Center in Tbilisi, writes in a recent issue of the publication Tabula that should the Russian navy acquire the ships, they would be "an ideal weapon for Russia to intimidate its neighbors in the Black Sea, the Baltic and in the western Pacific." But progress on the ship deal hasn't been all smooth sailing. And Amb. Smith notes that if the deal runs aground now, Georgia and other nations would breathe a sigh of relief. Click below to read the article in full.
The Potomac Institute Press is pleased to announce that the new edition of Best Available Science: Fundamental Metrics for Evaluation of Scientific Claims is now available for purchase on Amazon.com. Click here to access order page.
In this updated and revised edition of Best Available Science: Fundamental Metrics for Evaluation of Scientific Claims, authors A. Alan Moghissi, Michael Swetnam, Betty R. Love and Sorin R. Straja draw on their decades of experience to provide straightforward, easy-to-understand guidance for policymakers tasked with evaluating scientific claims. Scientists and non-scientists alike will find the step-by-method outlined here to be invaluable in a world where new scientific developments are reported at a breathtaking pace.
- Board of Regents Member Receives Stockholm Water Prize
- Jeffrey Wadsworth, PhD, President and CEO of Battelle, to Receive Navigator Award
- Dr. Tawfik Hamid on ABC News 20/20
- Senior Fellow David Smith on Russia-Syria Missile Deal
- Gerald Edelman, MD, PhD, is Navigator Award Winner
- Board of Regents Member John Young on Federal News Radio
- Turkey at a Crossroads
- Elon Musk is Navigator Award Winner
- ICTS Event: "Al-Qaida: Quo Vadis?"
- Dr. Tawfik Hamid on Koran Burning Threat
Page 75 of 103
Editors: Michael Swetnam and Tim Sample
- 15th MEU, Peleliu ARG - June 10, 2013 (14:30 - 15:30)
- Ethical Issues in Neuroscience July 23, 2013 (All Day)
Col Campbell, 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, and CAPT Lobree, Peleliu Armphibious Ready Group, will provide an overview of their eight-month deployement that covered more than 43,000 nautical miles while conducting theater secuity cooperation exercises...
Lydia Robertson, Director of Communications
Sponsored by AAAS and the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
1200 New York Ave., Washington, DC 20005
Registration is free for all participants - all welcome who are interested in neuroscience and its intersection with policy, ethics and...
RSVP at http://aaaspolicyfellowships.org/ethical-issues-neuroscience
- "Equipment Reset: Getting the Marine Corps Down to Fighting Weight" April 17 April 17, 2013 (15:00 - 16:00)
- ICTS: Combating Hizballah's Global Network April 04, 2013 (12:00 - 14:00)
- Brown Bag Lunch: Featuring CNS Visiting Scholars' Presentations August 09, 2012 (12:00 - 13:00)
- Combating Olympic Terrorism: National and International Lessons July 25, 2012 (12:00 - 14:00)
- Fundamentals of Chinese Information Warfare and Impacts on the Western World May 11, 2012 (12:00 - 14:00)
Equipment Reset: Getting the Marine Corps Down to Fighting Weight, on Wednesday, April 17, 3 - 4 p.m, at Potomac Institute of Policy Studies. Event will be lead by LtGen William M. Faulkner, USMC, Deputy Commandant, Installations and...
Combating Hizballah’s Global Network, Thursday, Apr 4, 12-2
Hosted by Potomac Institute for Policy Studies, Inter-University Center for Terrorism Studies
At the Potomac Institute, 901 N. Stuart St, Ste 200
Inter-University Center for...
Brown-Bag Lunchtime Lecture Series
Thursday, 9. August 2012
2nd Floor Conference Room
CNS Summer Visiting Scholars' Research Lectures
Ilona Brueckmann, Carnegie-Mellon University, PA.
Realities Amongst Myth: Constructs of...
The Potomac Institute for Policy Studies' International Center for Terrorism Studies will host a panel discussion, Combating Olympic Terrorism: National and International Lessons, on Wednesday, July 25, at the Institute. Registration is required. Contact...
The Potomac Institute Cyber Center will host a special program on Fundamentals of Chinese Information Warfare and Impacts on the Western World on Friday, May 11, from 12 noon-2 pm at the Institute, 901 North Stuart Street, Suite 200, Arlington, VA...